Please visit ift.tt/2kaajA9 for more information on this and many other projects! As in this episode, we will be will be discussing the challenges I had with the DJI Spark during it first flight and what I learned so you get one you know what to expect and I drafted a short summary below!
1. If you are a DJI Phantom 3S pilot and use the DJI Go app, note the DJI Go 4 app is a bit of a different user interface and will take some getting use to.
2. Allow yourself at least an hour with an internet connection to (a) update the firmware, install no-fly maps and such as it requires switching between the remote WiFi and your internet connection
3. Format the memory card, the memory card would not work (hence the camera would not work) till I formatted the card in the DJI Go 4 app.
4. For some reason during the configuration set of the controls, the sticks became reversed. Not sure if this was me or a bug as I accepted the defaults.
5. Outside of sport mode (i.e. default) the DJI Spark moves rather slow (very slow) to keep from wildly hitting things. If you are going to fly any distance you will (or should) switch to sport mode.
6. Prop guards go on a certain way, please see the video which I did on properly installing them in DJI Spark playlist
Basic version without Remote:
DJI Spark Page: